Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week 1 has LEFT US!!!!

Hi Friends!

My first week in Kinder for this 2017-2018 school year has been a success! I love all 24 of my kinder. I know that it is going to be a great school year with lots of learning and fun. Rules & Procedures are a must for the first two weeks of school, but I added in a little more fun. Check it out below:

Monday

Tara West KinderSurvival is a must!!! We jumped right into ABC Bootcamp with Letter Aa. I love Mr. Greg's system of learning the first 26 letters/sounds/associated words with a circle map for the first 26 days of school. It is truly beneficial for my kindergarten students. We use Jack Hartmann's alphabet song for each letter and my kids love to sing and dance to it.

Tuesday

Letter Bb! Today I introduced Simply Kinder's lowercase letters craft! Check that out if you haven't seen it, heard about it, or it's still in your cart :) I love these little crafts to do each day for each letter...B for Butterfly! I got to see how my kinder glued, cut, and placed their pieces!




Wednesday

Wednesday fun included: C is for Cat! Today I introduced Tara West's KinderSocialSkills :) So excited for these quick and fun curriculum. My students were engaged as we discussed Tom Cat and Tabby Cat and the importance of following directions. I love how their is a follow up from the day before and a writing/drawing piece for the students to complete. It's just GREAT!

Thursday

Fun Friday EVE!!!!! Thursday was letter Dd for DINOSAUR...ROAR!!! Lol
This was my kinders favorite craft so far of the week. Check it out! Their cutting has improved so much since Monday.


Fun Friday

Every Friday we allow our students to bring in one special toy from home for Fun Friday! They are allowed 15-20 minutes to play and share with their friends at the end of the day. This is a great idea from one of the second grade teachers at school. But today, I played Moana on for them and then we had a BIRTHDAY PARTY to celebrate :) First one of the year!!! 

Wrap Up: Great first week ---> Gearing to have a great second week! So thankful for a three day weekend and having Labor Day! Today will consist of putting together my kids PANDA binders :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment